So..... Girls Camp is coming up in about 1 1/2 weeks and I guess it's going to happen whether I'm prepared or not. I'm Assistant Leader to all the YCL's (Youth Counselor Leaders). The Leader is this lady who got a different job and moved to Utah this last month. She's been coming back to CA every weekend to finish up her camp duties, but that just means I can never get a hold of her and I have no idea what she's done so I've been doing and purchasing things that were already taken care of. Very frustrating!
Yesterday I was finally able to talk to her and WOW!!! Talk about security issues! I was asking her question about the budget and letting her know that I had been confused due to what I had been told by the Camp Director...etc. SO all of the sudden she starts crying and says she's done and if no one is going to include her with what's going on she'll just not worry about going to camp blah, blah.. and so on. I find out later that day that last year at camp she threatened to go home every day when things didn't turn out the way she wanted and cried over everything. Alright-y then.... I'm just wondering how we're going to do the whole "good self esteem" "roll with the punches" thing if the leader is acting like one of the teens. Any suggestions?
At least wish me luck... I kind of feel like I'm dealing with an odd duck... ya know what I mean?
5 comments:
When are you not dealing with odd ducks?? look at me, perfect example! You are going to pull this together great like you do everything- you just might feel a little crazy during it. which is why you got this calling, they wanted someone who was used to feeling that way! =)I love you kim!
Some people think the world revolves around them. Tread lightly and carry a big pen (or computer blog!) If anyone can deal with difficult people, you can!
i wonder what u r talking about in that room with those girls.
You know ycl's are the best part of girls camp, Kim. They dont cause as much drama as the rest of the camp does. And complain that they want to go home. :D It's Erika. I am coming out at the endof the month. I hope to see you and your kids again.
Hey Kim - how did your campout go?? I am waiting for the update! Were you guys anywhere near the fires? I hope that it wasn't too bad.
Post a Comment