So I'm thinking that after the last few days of experiencing an increased volume of situations where the average skills of common sense seem to be lacking, I could really use a dose (make that 10 doses) of this wonder drug to help me keep smiling instead of blurting out the horrible truth. I've managed to do well so far but in a moment of weakness I just might scream the obvious to the..... 'not so obvious'.
I started this blog thinking how great it was going to be to let everyone know why I haven't been in contact for months, or why I can't seem to get those darn phone calls returned. Now I realize that what I write on my blog and what may actually be going on are completely different. You see... I seem to experience a great deal of what I like to call 'FLY TAPE SYNDROME'. This is where I'm just going about my day doin' my thing (which is often something like getting distracted and wondering why productivity is at an all time low) when suddenly I find myself in the middle of a chaotic, stressful, time consuming, urgent, and occasionally, life threatening, emergency. I swear I don't seek it out.... it just happens. All of the sudden there are all kids of things stuck to my fly tape that I can't shake off until I figure out why they're on there in the first place.
The thing is..... I don't really seem to mind. I think that's because I'm so use to it that I don't notice it happening... until I'm reminded by Nephi or someone else that I seem to always be involved in a chaotic situation. My friend Teresa says she always looks to see who's in the passenger seat of my car because it's often occupied and reserved for fly tape incidents only. She refuses to be a passenger due to the label on the seat.
So back to the blog thing. I think I'll just have to give a basic censored version of the 'goings on' due to the fact that I know WAY too much information about all those things that seem to fall in my lap. I'll just save those entries for my personal journal that can be published after I'm dead. That can be my kids inheritance.... I know it would be a best seller book, they might even make a movie about it!!! It's a pretty good thing that I'm a half decent person because I have a lot of blackmail leverage I could use if I wanted to.
So.... on that note, I think I'll get myself to bed so I can be ready for tomorrow's events.... whatever they might be. My overall goal is to find those flippin' sarcasma pills. Any tips on where I might find some?
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Hey Kim,
I loved your "Blog"! Just what I expected from you! I can see how it might be tough for you to show some restraint on what you post...we'll save the juicy stuff for phone conversations! You're awesome and I love you and miss you all so much. The fam looks fantastic and those kids are soooooo cute!!! Maybe someday I'll join you on the super internet highway of blogging, but right now my seminary class gets the most out of me!! Maybe soon though!
Love you always,
Tracie
I think I could use a few bottles as well... let me know if you get a supplier.
I laughed out loud while reading your "About Me," insert, ha! i miss you.
Oh man this is soooooo good! i will be sending the Mommy bloggers over here.
You are amazing - I would give anything for your energy and compassion for certain emergencies in and out of our family! Keep that seat free - I will be back in July and I might need it!
Post a Comment