It's been hot, really hot. Its September and I've been waiting for the crisp cool Fall air to come sweeping in. I love Fall. I love the smell of rain, pumpkins, cinnamon, wood burning stoves, and scented candles filling the air. I love looking out the window as the trees blow and the leaves full of color whip around. Kids bundled up in swaeters as they jump in the piles of leaves their parents just raked up, giggling and playing tag. I love warm cookies on the counter as the kids come home from school. Halloween, Thanksgiving, General Conference... peaceful and full of fond memories from my own childhood. Well, if I can't have that kind of Fall here, at least I have fond memories from long ago. I only wish my kids knew of the Fall I used to experience. Sunny California is great, but I sure miss the seasons.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Come here and enjoy the fall! It is starting to be perfect fall weather and I am already cold! We start our apple picking and pumpkin patch visits at the end of the month!!
I'm so glad to know that you haven't completely abandoned your blog :)
I love fall too. It's finally cooling down over here, I'm so tired of the heat.
happy fall :) hopefully this year will be a little different for ya'll.
Post a Comment